7 September 2008

Abbeylara, Co. Longford





Abbeylara, Co. Longford
Photographed August 2008, A. Reilly, June 2009 by P.Fitzpatrick and May 2019 by E. Timoney ( last 4 photographs)

Information from HERITAGE WEEK postcard
Site donated by Crawford family. Main wall and side walls built in 1924 by voluntary labour. Restored in 1997, also by voluntary labour.

Height of main wall: 24'
Width of main wall:30'
Length of side walls: 36'

Walls constructed from stone and concrete block.
Floor constructed from reasdy-mix concrete
Perimeter fencing added in 2000.

Official opening of restored alley took place in August 1997

E. Timoney noted in MAy 2019 that there are 60x30 and 40x20 indoor alleys beside this old alley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment